Did you know—it takes people less than 50 milliseconds to decide whether they like a website? What’s even more interesting is that 88% of the online users don’t return to a site after having a bad experience.
Clearly, you don’t get many chances to impress your visitors. Users judge your credibility based on your web design and failing to make a good first impression can mean a lost business opportunity. Indeed, there are several benefits of having a website for your business, however, a good design is of critical importance. Without it, you cannot expect to grow in the digital space.
By design, we don’t just mean the aesthetic quality but the overall functionality of a website. Slow, cluttered, hard-to-navigate websites are a big turn-off for users. On the other hand, a beautiful, well-optimized site tends to get more traffic and revenue for your business.
Here is how a great website can increase your revenue-
- It increases the credibility of your business – As stated earlier, users make opinions about your business based on the look and functionality of your website. This is how an online visitor perceives your brand. Outdated or badly designed websites fail to make a positive impact on people and create an impression that you don’t value your visitors and won’t be putting effort in helping them. One of the key advantages of a good website is it increases the credibility of your business, helping you gain the trust of your potential customers.
- It helps you better achieve your SEO goals – Search engine optimization (SEO) is unarguably one of the most important aspects of internet marketing. The technique helps you increase your visibility on popular search engines, such as Google, so people can find you easily. There are a number of web design elements that have a direct impact on how your website performs in terms of ranking. A well-designed website can help you better achieve your SEO goals.
- It keeps the visitors engaged – The job is only half done when you succeed in making a good first impression on users through your website. You need to keep your visitors engaged in order for them to take an action. A good-looking website with high-quality, optimized content (including embedded videos, images, and text) is much more capable of engaging users and making them stay on it.
- It turns visitors into customers – What really differentiates a regular website from a great one is its ability to turn visitors into customers. No matter how many marketing channels you have and what SEO tactics you use, if your website fails to make these conversions, your efforts won’t get rewarded. A great website means better conversions, and hence, better return on investment (ROI).
- It creates brand value – Because a good website helps a business gain trust in their visitors, people tend to come back, becoming familiar with your website, thus creating value for your brand.
8 Crucial Phases of Creating a Great Website
- Information Gathering – The first step is information gathering. It means identifying things, such as the purpose of the website and the target audience.
- Planning - Defining the site map, structure, and technologies that will be used in the web development process.
- Designing – A designer should not just focus on wireframe models and the visual aspects of a website but also on improving the user interface for the best possible user experience.
- Content Publishing - Choosing the right text, photos, and videos and optimizing them not only for the visitors but also for search engines.
- Development – In this step, you actually create the website using various platforms and cascading style sheets with some help from databases and other technologies.
- Mobile Optimization – The website is optimized for mobile devices.
- Testing – Compatibility of all the technical features such as codes, scripts, etc. with major browsers is tested.
- Monitoring – After the website is launched, it’s monitored to fix any possible deficiencies, future maintenance, and updates.
How to Create the Best Website for Your Business?
If your website isn’t generating enough traffic or failing to make conversions, chances are it’s not that good or not showing anywhere when people are searching for keywords related to your business on the internet. It signifies that your website isn’t getting the exposure it deserves. Although there are other factors as well that need to be considered to improve a website’s performance, for your website to be the best in class, it’s important that it excels in these three departments: web design, Google ranking, and page speed.
- Make your website more visually appealing and user-friendly - What makes an average website design great? Its user-friendliness! Design your website in a way that it is attractive, appeals to your targeted audience, and makes your visitors stay. People visiting your website should not have a hard time finding the information they are looking for. Here are a few things you can do:
- Establish a primary focal point.
- Have a clear intention on all web pages.
- Maintain consistency in terms of color palette, videography, typography, and imagery.
- Keep navigation simple and intuitive.
- Focus on visual patterns and hierarchy.
- Put high-quality, compelling content.
- Work on your SEO Strategy - If you wish to improve your website’s Google ranking, it’s critical that you have a good SEO strategy in place. A highly-skilled and experienced team in this area can help you come up with a great strategy. Your SEO strategy should be geared towards:
- Improving your on-site SEO.
- Adding Latent Semantic Index (LSI) keywords to your web pages.
- Reducing bounce rate.
- Matching content to search intent.
- Finding even keywords to target.
- Using backlinks and internal linking.
- Constant and real-time monitoring of technical SEO.
- Cut down the load time of your website - When it comes to page speed, any website that is taking more than 3 seconds to load is a big no. Surprisingly enough, a large number of websites in the U.S. aren’t doing really well when it comes to page speed. Some of them take ages to load, which can annoy the users. By not improving their loading speed, businesses might increase their website’s bounce rate (the percentage of people entering and leaving your site without taking any action), thus losing a lot of potential customers.
Optimize your website to reduce its load time! It’s important not only because it prevents users from switching to other websites but because page speed is one of the algorithms used by Google to rank pages. Here is how you can improve your page speed:
- Reduce plug-ins and redirects.
- Optimize videos and images on pages.
- Implement browser caching.
- Utilize CDNs.
- Opt for better hosting.
No matter what your business is, whether you sell consumer products, provide local services, or build houses, your website is the core of all your online marketing activities. Want to increase revenue from a good website? Virtual Employee can help! We have solutions available to make your average website great and increase conversions!
Why Choose Virtual Employee for Web Development/Designing Services?
Because a website is the public face of a company, the overall design of your website can make or break your company’s reputation. So, it’s critical that you hire the best in the business for the job. In case you are not able to find the right resource for web development/designing services locally, you can outsource to Virtual Employee in India and hire a dedicated employee with domain proficiency.
Virtual Employee is the world’s first online global marketplace for remote staffing solutions. We let our clients get access to a large pool of talent in different domains and assist them in hiring the right fit based on the required skill set, experience and credibility of the resource. Additionally, we allow them to cut down costs to a great extent.
By working with Virtual Employee, you can save up to 70% on web development/designing services. Whether you own a retail store, an e-commerce business, an event management company, or anything else, we can help. Our team of skilled web developers/designers is highly capable of creating tailor-made digital experiences that can engage and retain customers.
Our web developers have experience in more than 75 digital technologies, ranging from .NET to PHP, Java, Python, WordPress, and more. Let us know if you are looking for a back-end, front-end, or full-stack developer for your business website. Our graphics designing team includes multimedia animation specialists, 3D animation artists, logo designers, Adobe in-design experts, and others.
Schedule a call with one of our experts today to know how we can implement our website design ideas to your benefit and do wonders for your business.
Still skeptical? Don’t take our word! See what our clients have to say about our services and then make a move.