6 Top B2B marketing trends in 2016 and beyond
As the B2B market space gets impacted by disruptive technologies and digitization, marketers, particularly eCommerce marketers, need to leverage their diverse marketing assets to stay competitive in 2016 and beyond.
Here're 6 key B2B marketing trends that experts see as greatly impacting your B2B marketing strategy in 2016.
- Know your customer well. B2B campaigns target people not organizations. So, even as the world becomes more globalized, marketing will shift to personalization and micro-targeting. B2B market trends call for individualized engagement with your target audience to deliver an effective customer action. Businesses will use data and analytics to understand their users and customize, and localize, their marketing strategy to their target users, their location, including the devices they use.
- Mobile is the name of the game. Today's customer is more likely to access your marketing content and product information on the go through their mobile devices. To stay competitive, B2B marketers need to deliver responsive websites, and content and visuals in appropriate format and layout. Going forward, brands will deliver meaningful digital experiences, including enticing visuals, personalized dynamic content, and offline activities.
- Storytelling will be the name of the game. As all marketing targets human beings, even corporate brand stories and messages need to reflect that—capturing the wonder of what a business does—in terms of human emotions. As brands work to enhance their visibility in the B2B market space, contextual storytelling will be increasingly employed—transforming tedious brand rhetoric into personalized testimonials and other engaging brand marketing collaterals.
- Creating relevant content in appealing formats and sharing it across web and social platforms will be a big B2B marketing trend. B2B selling involves different parameters compared to B2C, in terms of products, specifications, product lifecycles etc. Businesses need to educate potential buyers about the complicated business information in a manner customized to get catch their interest—with less data and more emotions—and be engaging enough to be shared across multiple digital channels. Businesses will leverage real data and market research to deliver ‘desirable' content, to optimize the content value.
- Innovation in marketing automation tools will be an ongoing trend. To keep up with the disruptive B2B marketing space, B2B marketers are employing new techniques and innovations. They leverage traditional marketing activities like content, SEO, email marketing, analytics etc. through automated integrated marketing tools to deliver real-time marketing messages to potential customers. Along with integrating marketing tools in one place, it will also help to track and measure the effectiveness of your entire marketing campaign—managing the story from leads to sales.
- Identify novel avenues for content distribution. Looking for new techniques and methods to disseminate and promote their valuable content, B2B marketing will ensure a greater role for native advertising, interactive marketing apps, social media, responsive technology, etc. Small businesses can create a compelling brief video to distribute their business information—compelling audiences' attention, and turning them into brand ambassadors!
B2B marketers need to leverage these 6 key trends to stay on top of their game in 2016 and beyond.