To achieve high Return on Investment (ROI) and improve the Effective Revenue Share (ERS)
To begin with, we studied their available Google AdWords data to analyze the receding bottom line, which drives their Effective Revenue Share (ERS) % and on the basis of that, we created a digital marketing program.
Before taking any crucial steps, which could be either harsh or beneficial, we understood their business module, buyer’s persona and how their potential audience would react to their offering. We made it a point that we understood their target audience. This approach allowed us to generate results and ROI for them. We created simple content that was engaging, memorable, sharable and most importantly, that inspired action.
Let’s face it. If a person coming to our website is not inspired, he/she will not take an action. In short, it is only when you understand your audience and create engaging content for them that you generate interest and achieve results and ROI.
A GLIMPSE OF “HOW KPIs WERE BEHAVING WITH RESPECT TO TIME”
- Impression Vs CTR: Through our analysis, we found that CTR and impression were behaving dramatically and were not delivering results. The number of impressions was very high and so was the click through rate percentage. However, the conversion was quite low, which pointed to a huge number of unqualified traffic to the website. The irrelevant traffic caused a huge waste of media budget
Conversion Rate Vs Avg. Position : On analyzing other KPIs, we found that the conversion rate was substantially low as compared to the industry benchmark ( published by Wordstream) with respect to time. Moreover, on analyzing the reason behind the low CTR, we found that the ads got very high scores in their average positions, which was leading to the low CTR. The average position was beyond 3 and according to the data released by Google (search engine department), a very low percentage of people scroll down for Google ads. On further analysis of the keywords, quality score of keywords, competitive bids and landing page relevancy, we found that the keywords that were targeted were not service-specific and that a huge percentage of keywords were in broad match modifier type (this was one of the reasons behind the irrelevant traffic). While studying landing page relevancy, we found that the value proposition of the service offered was not highlighted or placed at the right position.
We took time to understand their potential audience and viewed each single visitation as an opportunity and prepared a list of categories of the potential audience. Further, on the basis of the potential audience and their different categories, we prepared respective offerings for them. With this approach, we made multiple changes at the keywords level and also changed the multiple settings of the campaign such as location bid strategy and Google Ads API. There was a category of potential audience, which was really tough to understand. Although post the analysis of the available data, we comprehended that they were looking for tailored service. In order to cater to this need and inspire this audience to take action on the website, we introduced “Dynamic search ads”. Further, what we achieved was amazing.
The results of this treatment are evident from the tables below.
Phase 1 Result: Conversion rate improved by 344.5%
Phase 2 Result: Average Position improved by 230.8% | CTR improved by 375%